Kinkaid varsity football beats Legacy Sports Sciences

Elliott Crantz, Assistant Sports Editor

The Falcons varsity football team claimed victory against Legacy Sports Sciences on Sep. 3.

Kinkaid beat the Legacy Titans 59-12, continuing the winning streak the team started last season.

Although the Falcons started winning right at the start of the game, the first quarter was slow. After referees threw numerous flags and both teams called timeouts, the first quarter of the game was a whopping hour and a half. 

The Kinkaid student section, decked out in red, white and blue, did not stop being supportive of the players, cheering loudly after every yard gained.

Many Falcon players stood out in the game. Senior wide receiver Alex Gottsegen shined with multiple receptions, including two touchdowns. Brothers Dillon Bell and Micah Bell dominated, both scoring multiple touchdowns with their speed and athleticism. Sophomore quarterback David Capobianco connected with multiple receivers and controlled the Kinkaid offense.

Many players stepped up on the defensive side as well. Senior Kee Shaper made many tackles, keeping the Legacy running back in check. Defensive back Miles Roeder shut down the Legacy receivers.

Another bright spot in the game was sophomore kicker Grant Petersen. Petersen went eight for eight on extra-point kicks, but also started Kinkaid’s scoring by kicking a field goal for three points. Not only did he add points to Kinkaid’s score, but he also hindered the Titans from gaining yards on returns as he consistently kicked the ball over their heads for a touchback.

“I thought we played really well as a team with a lot of guys stepping up and making plays,” junior Aedan Hogan said. “I am excited for the rest of the season.”

The snap that started it all (David Shutts)