Underclassmen to showcase their talent

Back to Article
Back to Article

Underclassmen to showcase their talent

Visual and Performing Arts new merchandise is featured in honor of the many arts opportunities this year.

Maggie Johnston

Maggie Johnston

Maggie Johnston

Maggie Johnston

Going into his third year as director, Mr. Scott Lambert, who leads the Visual and Performing Arts program, continues to add to the program while making the arts available to more students.

In addition to the fall play and spring musical, freshmen and sophomores will have the opportunity to participate in a musical showcase as well this year. 

Unlike other productions, no prior theatrical skills are required for this showcase; all students who auditioned were guaranteed a role. This opportunity gives underclassmen a moment to shine in theater while discovering their talents in singing, acting, dancing, or all three. 

“We do not train students when we are practicing for a play or musical; there is no time. This showcase is an opportunity for us to put theater, choir and dance together into a training style production,” Lambert said. 

Twenty students will work hand in hand with Ms. Frances Limoncelli, theater manager; Mr. Thomas Culcasi, choir director, and Ms. Kirsten McKinney, theater and dance teacher. In 12 short rehearsals, students will be ready to perform a musical review on Jerry Herman music, including songs from “Hello Dolly” and “Mame.”